Saturday, January 5, 2013

Crime-Solving Couples of Yesteryear

Crime-Solving Couples of Yesteryear
By William I. Lengeman III

In kicking off an article about amateur detectives of yore, most of whom just happen to be married, the obvious opener would a play on the phrase “’til death do us part.” Since I’m not clever enough to come up with anything I’ll invite the reader to insert their own. In any event, here are a few great couples from way on back. Some are best known for their appearances in fiction while others are remembered for their time spent on the big screen.

Tommy & Tuppence: Chronologically speaking I suppose you’d have to start this list with Agatha Christie’s Tommy and...

more

2 comments:

  1. There is another "crime solving married couple written by a married couple" -- Jeff and Haila Troy, the product of "Kelley Roos". See http://www.ruemorguepress.com/authors/roos.html for full details. But they never made it to the movies/TV/radio. A favourite couple of mine has always been Pat and Jean Abbott, the subject of a couple of dozen novels by Frances Crane and at least two radio series (their lead role in "It's A Crime, Mr. Collins" is debatable, but Wikipedia will fill you in on THAT weird story.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for weighing in Noah and for giving me a plug in your review of The Thin Man Goes Home. I tried to leave a comment over at your site but I've been having some issues with WordPress lately that I haven't quite managed to sort out.

    ReplyDelete